Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Post Its

"I invented Post-Its™"

is always the first thing I 
think of when someone mentions 
that particular product. 


Last night at small group, 
we were discussing ways 
to remember that Jesus 
notices our work
and how to not 
freak out about that fact 
(Dani...)
and I ,of course,
suggested that we use 
Post-Its™ as a tool. 


We would be reminded daily of 
Colossians 3:23.
(and 24)
"Whatever you do, work heartily, 
as for the Lord and not for men, 
knowing that from the Lord
you will receive the inheritance
as your reward. 
You are serving the Lord Christ."

We definitely had some very hearty discussion
about our jobs and how we incorporate
our faiths (or if we do at all). 
And if we acknowledge that the Lord
does notice our work
and how it brings glory to His name.

Sometimes...and I'm sure this is 
everyone, it's very hard to rejoice in
your job if it's not something
that you absolutely love to do. 

Like I said last night,
I rejoiced in cooking the dinner
for small group, however, I don't necessarily
rejoice in helping students figure out
their class schedule everyday.

Must work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails