Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools!


I am struggling to read the story, The Time Traveler's Wife. I don't know what it is exactly. Maybe because the story is so choppy going back and forth between the times that Henry visits Clare in the past and then it cuts back to present/future and he's visiting himself and running into future best friends and finally meeting her family...and omg...i am losing track. And side note: I just found out that this book has been made into a film...maybe they can make it flow a little better.


They are such a cute couple and I like their discussions about faith and free will versus predestination but in a secular versus religious view... because apparently Henry can't change the past. He's just a sad observer that knows bad things that will happen, even to his own parents, and unfortunately can't do anything about it. Oh and the moral ambiguity of it all...he has to steal and beat up people and do all kinds of things just to time travel...

And funny story... my co-worker read me this story about ol' Robbie...it was slightly humorous and a little full of bollocks (yes, I said it). This girl, who is a musician, met Rob at an after party for the film, Juno and overhead a conversation he was having with a fan who wanted a photo with him. Apparently, he was refusing a picture for numerous reason, and I am sure they were very valid, because seriously who wants to take pictures with crazy fans all of the time? Anyway... she sat next to him and started to tell him, “I don’t need a picture of you. You’re just a normal person trying to have a good time. I’m just happy to have this moment with you. Sometimes people want a piece of you, more specifically, a piece of Edward. I’m happy to be meeting you. At the end of the day, you’re just like me.”

Ok, don't get me wrong...this was a very lovely speech and some of it may have been sincere...but seriously...did it get her in his good graces or what? If you saw that some celebrity didn't like being bothered with pictures, you would walk up and act like that crap didn't matter either...and VOILA...instant best friend with celeb.

I don't expect to be meeting any celebs any time soon, so that speech will have to be put on the back burner. And again, in all seriousness, who wouldn't want to be friends with the people who do some of your favorite movies? The only thing about that is that they're not that character and probably have a totally different personality than what people.com is portraying them as...

However, if I were to ever become any kind of celeb, I would probably be pegged as the goody-goody who plays scrabble with her friends and watches B and C movies on Sci-fi. Nerd alert!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails