Pages

Monday, February 9, 2009

Caroline Bingley


So I started reading Darcy's Passions yesterday and I discovered that my attitude as of late has mirrored very much the attitude of Caroline Bingley, Charles Bingley's younger and mean-spirited sister. I ask myself constantly why I don't have a man in my life and by golly I think I just figured it out. A very sad realization to come to mind you, but one that can help me improve upon myself. Unlike Caroline Bingley, who I assume from the book, never really got any nicer or improved her disposition towards others, I am giving up some things today. People may assume something is wrong with me when I do this, but they should have assumed something was wrong with me while I was acting like a jerk and not the other way around.

No more petty arguments. No more pretend drama. I have never liked drama and why I allowed it to rule my life for so long really baffles me. At least when I change this section of myself, I can re-evaluate why I don't have a boyfriend and then change something else...maybe.


But back to the book----

I am loving this book so far...not because I know what is going to happen, but because I usually love the male's perspective in love stories...which is why I love Midnight Sun a little more than Twilight. The whole transition for Darcy from total disdain for the Bennet family to complete infatuation/confusion for Elizabeth Bennet...loving it. And I love his thoughts about Caroline's snarky comments and how although he thinks that Caroline is very well-bred, she is totally uncouth when it comes to being jealous. Ah...ha. I got a little too tired to read anymore past the Jane/cold encounters (caused by a cleaning frenzy last night) and so I have paused. I will read more this evening and I have discovered that I cannot read this book while working out. I will automatically slow just to concentrate on the book...no good.

More books later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails