Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Nude Models

As I was watching scenes from Gossip Girl last night, I thought about Dan Humphrey's struggle with writing. None of the authors to whom he would ask advice from liked his work and were very quick to tell him to go out and get some "life experience". It's funny what counts as life experience and worthy of novels/autobiographies/memoirs, etc. and what doesn't.

Sometimes situations happen all of the time that are very novel worthy. Things my friends say, phone calls from complete strangers at work, adventures through town, etc. are all valid and useful and most of the time poignant and/or funny and should be included (maybe not verbatim, but close) in anything a writer does. "Write what you know" is a very important phrase and what you know changes everyday.

So I haven't been able to sit down for more than 20 minutes and actually write down anything relative to my present project, sadly. Hopefully, I will be freeing up some time soon and adding more to my story.

Please let me know if you have any funny stories that you want to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails