Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Union Invasion

As you have probably guessed, I don't blog very often anymore... 
I'm sorry.
By the time I get home from work, I just don't think about it. 

However, I wanted to share some pictures from Jesse's and my trip 
to Nashville yesterday as it was A Number One.

Let me just preface by saying that I got an iPhone, so
I downloaded hipstamatic and have used it non-stop
to much chagrin from my doting husband. 
Haha. 


I always have to get a picture of Jesse driving us
on our road trips. 
He hates these pictures, but half-way approved this one. 

First sign to Nashville on I-65. 
Awesome. 

Confederate grave in the Old Town Cemetery
in Athens, Alabama. 

Old timey gas station in Athens, Alabama. 
I wish it were open with attendants and the 
little rope thingy that dings when you drive over it.
Like in Back to the Future. 

Farmers Market in Pulaski, Tennessee. 
There were some caches and benchmarks here, 
but I convinced Jesse to walk around the market 
with me and buy some bread and butter pickles. 
Yum.



Puckett's Grocery and Restaurant
in Franklin, TN. 
Ate lunch with the hubs and my BFF, Mizz Baker!
This place was awesome, even though the wait was a little long, 
the food was delicious and totally worth it. 
Both Jesse and I got the BBQ sandwich and fries, while 
Haley got the burger and fries. 
Looking forward to visiting again and trying something else 
as delicious.

Outer space room in the Adventure Science Museum
in Nashville, TN. 
We went for the GPS Maze and stayed for the playhouse
and space room. We are nerds. 


While Jesse looked for a cache, 
I checked out the surroundings of Fort Negley, 
which was a fort built by Union soldiers
after defeating the Confederates in Nashville. 
Pretty neat fort remains.


Originally, I wanted to go to a place in downtown Nashville, 
but we headed back to Franklin after being given bogus directions
on Scout Mob/Google Maps...lame-o. 
So we went to McCreary's Pub.


Shepherd's Pie. 
(Technically, Cottage Pie since it was made
with beef instead of lamb.)
Delicious.
I will be developing this recipe
for the winter. 
It was like eating a delicious bowl of vegetable beef soup (with less soup)
with a big scoop of mashed potatoes covered in cheddar.

Can't go wrong with that.



I hope you enjoyed this short recap of another crazy 
trip from the Scotts. 

Now I must get back to watching Beauty and the Beast.

Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails