Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Turning Tables

Friday night, 
I met some relatives I had never
known about before 
and got reacquainted with
some relatives I hadn't seen in years.

They were really excited for me 
and pretty disappointed that
they weren't able to meet Jesse yet.

My Uncle John
kept singing the song
for the Miss America pageant
AT me...

and my Great Uncle, Larry,
who is actually younger than my mom,
asked me if I knew my lines
for the wedding...
I replied, "I do."

(rimshot
a-thank you)

I had forgotten how much
I enjoy my family.

Especially when they tell stories about
growing up in the 30s and 40s.
That's super neat.

I so seldom see them
that I don't really remember
a lot of good times.

I'm looking forward to seeing
many of them again in April.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails