Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

We need to wake up and pay attention!

Do you have the song from Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit 
stuck in your head now? 
Because I certainly do.
Haha. 

Last night, we had an early meeting 
for our small group, 
because Trés meets this Thursday
and we didn't want to get behind on
the current study the first week back. 

We began an "encounter"
with Exodus 3, when God is 
calling Moses into leadership.

Interesting insights about the burning bush
and why God considered Moses 
in the the first place. 

Had Moses not turned around to
actually investigate this bush that 
was burning but not being destroyed, 
God would have never called him
to service (at least at that time). 

We talked about how we should pay attention
to little things, but not consider everything 
that happens some sort of sign from God. 

Anyway, I was driving home
and talking on the phone with Jesse, 
when I saw a stop sign and kind of 
rolled through it. 

It was at that point that I noticed
the cop that was policing that particular 
sign and proceeded to turn  her lights on
and pull me over. 

Needless to say, I do consider that a sign. 
Something as blatant as "pay attention"
to your surroundings and then I get pulled
over for not doing so. 

(Happy ending: I did not get a ticket!)

Lesson learned. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails