Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

A House Is Not A Home

On every other Sunday afternoon at about 4pm, 
I have to drive from Pinson, AL
back to Tuscalooosa. 

Tumblr_kptfojsvzd1qzgq8co1_400_large

I don't like this, but at the same time I do .
Confused?
Driving for an hour (or 50 minutes, yesterday), 
affords me the time I need to process new 
questions and ponder future plans. 

Do you ever need time alone 
just to think about whatever? 
Or time to listen to songs that 
encourage introspection?

Example:

This is actually the first Journey song that I remember 
hearing as a kid in a movie that I probably should 
not have been allowed to watch at that age. 
Last American Virgin. (Favorite scene: cocaine/sweet'n low)

Anyway, I digress.

Before April of this year, all I really thought 
about during this song was that I was alone. 

Now, I reflect on it and think happy thoughts
about all of the time that I had to wait. 
Even though I wasn't all that patient for the time to come.
I'm really glad that it has. 

Tumblr_kxonoemyrp1qargqko1_500_large

Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails