Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

My Cup Overfloweth

Pic from here.

Sorry, I didn't make time to blog yesterday... I was super tired. Literally. Woke up. Went to church. Went to lunch. Played Frisbee. Ate dinner and watched movie. Went to sleep.

However, let me just say that the service yesterday at Safe Haven was ama-za-zing! We had a baby dedication and baptism service (and no, the babies were not baptized). Anyway, about 6-7 families were in front of the theater with their new additions and presented their children with videos filled with encouraging Scriptures and loving words. Dave #2 led worship and did such a great job with the music, especially during the baptism portion of the service. At least 6 people were baptized yesterday and I don't think I have cried that much at a service in such a long time. Definitely touched by their new found devotion to the Lord and their fervor for service. As one guy (who is probably 16-17 years old) said, "Jesus is MY Lord." Amen, brother.


It was also great to feel everything clicking into place at church yesterday. I think it's the first time that I have felt truly at "home" at Safe Haven. Another reason for me to vote 2010 as the "best year ever."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails