Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I put up a good front.

"But the truth is... I'm heartbroken." [Name that movie quote]

Broken Heart by TON70.

I thought 2010 was going to be proactive...

I'm not gonna lie. I have gained some dating experience, however, it doesn't feel very nice when said fellows go out with you once and then....crickets. Or even worse, when they still "talk" to you afterwards only to let you know that you're just a "friend". I'm fine with being friends, but let's be up front about that. Mmmkay? I have plenty of male friends. I'm fine with that. However, that's what 2010 was going to be about...not having male friends, but finding THE male friend, who would be more. Is that too much to ask, America?

I'm getting more into Scripture and connecting to a new church and I feel good about that. So that's good. I'm going to Mexico in April (sorry, Leah) and serving there for a couple of days. There's that. Is there something inherently wrong with wanting to share that with someone? And don't get me wrong, I LOVE my friends. They are awesome and I would do anything for them. But as we have gotten older, my friends have started to find their "more" and have grown up. (And no, I don't think you need to be married to be a grown up, but I digress.)

I just want more. Is that so much to ask? I'm willing to wait, but I would like some assurance that there's someone to wait for. And no, I'm not gonna off myself if that someone never shows. Don't be daft.

This stress has turned me into a pill at work...and I'm sorry. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails