Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Saved by the Bail...not really.

So my friends did bail on me and I unfortunately did not go out for St. Patty's day celebrations... however I got some much needed sleep and continued to read book 3 of Sophie Kinsella's story of Rebecca Bloomwood in Shopaholic Ties the Knot. Of course you can figure out what happens in this story...as she is dating Luke Brandon in the start and she ends up marrying the bloke, but unfortunately not without some conflicts...his mother has planned a wedding for them at the Plaza, while Becky's mom has planned one in their home of Oxshott, Surrey, UK. Luke is going through a midlife crisis brought on by the rocking relationship with his mother, who does not really know how to be one and doesn't wish to start now... Becky has to rally the troops (yes, I said that) and figure out how to end the row between Luke and Elinor and how to have TWO weddings...pleasing both her mother-in-law and her parents.

The only thing I don't really like about this story...you don't really read any relationship development between Rebecca and Luke. Why did they fall in love? Why does he want her to live with him in NY? Why marriage? Why Becky? Not even a first scene of them conveying their feelings to each other in the beginning for goodness sakes... gosh. Just some love people...Becky and her neurotic shopping habits have me in a fuss the whole book because she doesn't learn from her mistakes most of the time...and finds it necessary to constantly lie to those who she claims to love to cover her tracks...and spending habits.

Very frustrating. Argh.

Continued collecting more bibliographies for my upcoming thesis...for a master's program in religious history that I have not been accepted for yet. Very exciting...and I am constantly changing the denomination that I will be writing about...now I am on my own...Nazarene church. Let's see how it goes, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails