Pages

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Happy Pi Day.


Yes, I am a nerd. I also celebrated Square root day, March 3, 2009 (03-03-09). I thought about ordering a cookie cake and putting Pi on it to as many decimals as would fit...but alas I am working today and won't get to enjoy it.


I am also suffering from a cold because of the crazy weather here...it has gone from tornadoes on a Friday to a snow storm on the next Sunday to 70degree weather that Thursday...back to cold and rainy today...boo.



One of my friends has become Nicholas Sparks obsessed and has read most of his books in the past couple of weeks and then passes them to me... however I had read most of them...and have not been happy with most of them...ol' Sparks likes to kill off one or more of his leading characters in these supposed love stories and it annoys me to no end. How about happy ending Nick? Would that be so hard to have a happy ending? Or how about not letting a reader think that someone is dead when they are not? That is just mean.

Today, I am finally going to read Sophie Kinsella's Confessions of A Shopaholic. I have been putting it off for so long and ever since the movie has come out I have wanted to read...you know...just to say "the book is much better than the movie" (jim gaffigan). It's fun being pretentious with book reading, although I don't know how pretentious you can be with chick lit...I guess you can be a little snobby. Maybe.

The last time I wrote in my blog when I was sick the author that I wrote about found my blog entry and commented maybe ol' Nick will find this one and comment...although he might be mad. Yeah, right. Probably mad all the way to the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails