Pages

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Spinsterhood


Oh yeah. Looking forward to that, I am. Last night at dinner I commented on how I will be turning 25 in less than 2 weeks. Which really sucks for me, because I am still single. According to some older people at my church, I need to hurry up and get married... apparently before my 25th birthday or all hope is lost.

I don't know if they got the memo or not, but the Regency era has long been over. The women of Jane Austen's time have been married and dead for over a century and the average age for women to marry in the 21st century is 27 years of age. So hopefully, I still have at least 2 more years before I consider all hope lost.

My mother told me I should skulk (ok she didn't use the word "skulk") but she told me to hang out at the grocery store... is that where people are supposed to meet these days? If I am going to meet someone is some crazy location, I would rather it be in the book store or something. That way I know they have some level of intellect (maybe).



Apparently, I am destined to marry a guy that I already know, according to my roommate. She thinks that because we have been friends for such a long time and have kept in touch over the phone, after he moved away, that we will be getting married at some point. There is no set date, but I will let you know if that changes. :) Frankly, I don't see myself getting married to any of the guys that I know right now, but that may just be my inferiority complex or the fact that they have ex-girlfriends that I don't feel like I am better than...maybe I make everything too complicated. Maybe I am still too immature for a mature relationship. Most of the relationships that I have witnessed over the years have been way too complicated for me to want to be involved in one myself. PITY PARTY. And done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails