Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Eureka!

"WIP" news!

I have made some important/not-so-important decisions about my novel and its main character. First of all, I have finalized on her job status in the years passing after the prologue. She will be a barista/music manager of a kitschy little coffee shop in Birmingham, AL. I decided on the locale in Alabama (one because I am from AL and two because I don't really have all that much time to research a completely unknown to me city, and three it will be kinda sad/funny that the main character is so close in proximity to her "beloved" yet so far away).

Hopefully, because she is a music manager of this coffee shop I can music snob her as much as I can... which will be a fun job for me because I love music so much. And I will certainly pick better music for my book soundtrack than Stephanie Meyer... there is my music snob coming out... uh oh.

I just spent the last 20 minutes trying to come up with a "punny" name for my coffee shop...and still have pretty much nothing. "Strings and Beans" is all that I have got right now...comment if you have got something better.

Too bad I can't release my book with its own soundtrack attached to the cover...or could I? It would certainly have some softer, mellow, melancholy sounds from artists such as Iron and Wine and Damien Rice to convey her emotions even after two years of separation. Hopefully these are the artists that will have shows in the coffee shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails