Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

No limits to our cheesiness.


I'm really enjoying my summer so far. One of the most interesting...to say the least. I'm adjusting to many changes...
1) Having a boyfriend.
2) Working mostly by myself in my office. Jennifer-less.
3) Working with a new person soon.

Ok, only three changes, but big ones...

It's funny how much you actually have to worry about when changes such a these arise in your life. Like a broken nail. You heard me. I worry about my nails now. I know what you're thinking..."who is this person and what has she done with Brittni?" Guess what? I like having nice nails now. I like getting complimented for my new girly habits. I worry about (not really worry, just think about excessively) where I'm going to live, work, and send my children to school. I know I'm not going to work at the university forever, so now I'm thinking about what kind of a legacy I want to leave to my children. Not that working at the university is a bad legacy to leave (mom), I just want to find my niche (spiritual gift, if you will) and do that to the best of my ability.

I've been thinking a lot about my married friends lately as well, and how their relationships work exactly, because frankly they are all very different people with different personalities and deal with life's situations...well, differently. I know marriage is one of those "learn as you go" type of things, but I would like to know some trade secrets beforehand though... just because I like to be "in the know."

I've also been thinking about how I've gotten to this point in my life and how if certain things were different I wouldn't necessarily be here now (not dead, just not in Tuscaloosa). If I hadn't have totally despised the profession of law by the end of my undergraduate career I could have been a lawyer right now. Crazy to think about. Or if I had worked at Camp McDowell right after undergrad... I could have been a crazy hippie and worked at environmental camps forever. OR if my mom had let me go to Trevecca Nazarene University instead of UA... I don't even know.

All in all though... 2010 has been a good year. Hope it has been for you as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails