Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Training Day

Driving from Heritage House this morning, I caught part of a radio show on a station that I can't remember at the moment...however, a guy had called in to complain that he had been in a relationship for about 4 months and figured that the honeymoon period was over and that it was time for his girlfriend to start paying for their dinners. So... the deejays proceeded to take calls asking the listeners whether or not they thought the guy should always pay... I loved all of the answers... most of them agreed with the male deejay that the man should always pay for dinner (or whatever meal it may be) because that is the chivalrous and the Southern thing to do.

The female deejay (who is obviously a Yankee) couldn't understand why the girl doesn't pay and then began to joke about her recent first dates and how she always paid... eesh.

Which leads me to a new segment on my blog called:
This is the South.

This self-explanatory segment title will cover topics from relationships in the South (from families to friends to strangers) to arguments from Yankees about our backward ways.

Guess what, America? I love being barefoot. Deal with it. (However, I don't think I would go this far. Click link.)


These songs don't really have anything to do with the South, but more to do with my radio on the way to work. You are welcome. I thought they were appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails